Guttate psoriasis

Posted Mon 10 Jun 2024 13.32 by Rona

I've been covered in this form of psoriasis for around 4 months now following a bout of strep throat. I've been using betnovate cream as prescribed by my doctor but it's not making a blind bit of difference. Will this go away by itself? I also moisturise daily and have been given a shower gel too

1 Posted Mon 10 Jun 2024 20.35 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Tue 11 Jun 2024 12.04 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

I came out in Guttate psoriasis in 2019 just a few weeks after a total hip replacement. I had guessed it was psoriasis and my GP identified it as guttate psoriasis. He said he thought it should disappear after about 6 months. (I had had plaque psoriasis all over my body for about 10 years from 1980, so I knew what psoriasis was). It began fading after about 6-7 months but had gone completely by 8 months. Because it presented as small spots all over my body rather than large plaques, I did not want to use a top[ical steroid. I did not feel it was practical to treat each spot individually and I did not want to slather the good skin between the spots with steroid. So I used coal-tar based treatments from my GP (Exorex, and Psoriderm) once a day for a month or 2 and then gave up. The main issue was that the psoriasis lesions/spots itched like crazy. I just moisturised with Doublebase Gel and Doublebase Dayleve Gel as often as the itching became annoying. and before going to bed I had a lukewarm bath with Oilatum-Plus in the water. That killed the itching enough that I could get 2-4 hours' sleep before the itching woke me up again.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 2024 09.15 by Yogacherry - from Hastings, East Sussex
Hello, I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis October 2023, after symptoms began in May 2023. II am 60 and have just finished an MA.

I’ve had guttate psoriasis for over a year. It came out of the blue when I was 60. No previous psoriasis. I am having phototherapy but do not know yet if it will entirely clear.

To take part, sign in or register with us