New genital psoriasis sufferer in postpartum period

Posted Fri 14 Jun 2024 11.08 by psoriasis_newbie

Hi, I'm just looking for some support / reassurance please. I had my baby a few months ago and I don't know if maybe the stress of juggling 2 children or maybe it's hormonal but I'm having my first episode of genital/perianal psoriasis. The GP tried Trimovate, but I had to stop after a week as it caused some burning sensation. I ended up seeing a private dermatologist because I've got 3 months still to wait to see an NHS dermatologist, and I've tried Clobaderm (also had to stop due to reactions) and now I'm a week into Lotriderm treatment (betamethasone 0.05% and clotrimazole). I'm taking antihistamines, using adex gel in the day (kept in the fridge) and washing with hydromol and using ice packs. E45 anti itch didn't help and epaderm feels lovely but doesn't seem to be as effective as the adex gel. I'm already gluten free (Coeliac) and trying to reduce my sugar and am taking vitamin D. Is there anything else I can be doing? It has caused me so much anxiety on top of parenting. Is it ever going to get better? Please could anyone share some success stories / tips? Thanks so much.

To take part, sign in or register with us