Rheumatology waiting time.

Posted Wed 25 Sep 2024 11.43 by bogus.bowers@googlemail.com

Hi I’m a 65 year old male and was referred to the rheumatologist at the start of January with what the dr thinks is psoriatic arthritis since that date my joints have worsened 10 fold all the joints in my hands wrists feet and ankles and neck are gone. I struggle to get going for two hours in the morning after which things ease a bit and I can do low impact exercise which is very beneficial. Is it normal to wait this amount of time to see a rheumatologist or do I just have to suck it up and wait my turn. I’ve been told I can go private to speed things up but unfortunately that is not an option for me. I’ve been contacted 3 times by the hospital to ask if I still want the appointment which I find rather worrying.

Posted Wed 25 Sep 2024 18.29 by Billy bass

Sorry to say but waiting list are at there worse for rheumatology ive had my appointments cancelled then moved onto phone call apps,then taken off list without me knowing,i found out off my gp at a recent check up,after a complaint by my gp im now back on the list but where,like you im 65 with the same conditions,im also with a nurologist which treat nerve,pain,back spine ect,thayve opened the doors for me to get better treatment than rhumatology can give,worth a try seeing your gp about this !

Posted Tue 15 Oct 2024 15.57 by Heather

Hello I have posted elsewhere on general topics on forum, re problem My Husband and Daughter ( adult) who both have psoriatic arthritis live with me. We were considering moving to another part of the country, e.g.Hereford/ Gloucester /Bristol/Cardiff partly to be nearer my other daughter. However I was concerned over health care and access to anti TNF biological drugs. They currently have good care from Addenbrookes and both take the biological drugs. Has anyone got experience of moving to another part of the country and ease of access to consultant care for psoriatic arthritis? thank you

To take part, sign in or register with us