UV Treatment

Posted Fri 30 Dec 2016 16.24 by Natalie-Maria - 37 from Leeds
I'm 30 something year old that has suffered from psoriasis since the age of 12 but recently found something that works!

Hiya my name is Natalie, i am 29 years young and have has psoriasis since i was approx 12, i think it was actually puberty that brought it out. I have had all the creams, moisturisers prescribed and self medicated but nothing worked as well as steroid creams. i have recently being put on a stronger Dovobet cream that worked pretty well but not as well as the UV treatment. I am on the 8th week of my UV treatment. the results i have are fantastic even if the psoriasis has not completely disappeared but i have another 7 sessions yet. my arms are clear but its still on my legs so i have to stand on a stool in the booth lol. For those ppl that don't know about the UV treatment well..... you have to go for a test first to see what skin type you are so they can determined what treatment of UV to start you at then its approx 30 sessions of you attending the hospital 3 times a week Undressing down to underwear so the nurse can asses ur skin to make see how well the treatment is going and to make sure your skin is not being burnt Standing in the booth naked with long hair tied up, preferably in a bun so the UV rays can treat ur back and wearing a visor (if the psoriasis is not present on your face) Completely undress (don't worry the nurses wont see you naked) and there for the allotted time for the treatment, So that's it really, they say you can still use the creams and moisturiser as normal and i would advise it as they treatment can make you dry. Results can vary, the psoriasis can stay away for as long as a year or could come back in weeks, it just depends on your skin. I suppose im on this website to find out about other treatments are just normal creams that can help. its not like i havent tried before. i know that ppl say live a healthy lifestyle but i do. i work 3 days a week in a store that is an hour walk away and i walk there and back and do an 8 hour shift on my feet in between and go for long walks when i can. i have also lost 3stone 11lbs in th past 6 months to see if it would help but it didnt, with the new diet i dont eat half as much bread as i used to and eat a heck of a lot of fruit and veg but cutting out my gluten intake also doesnt work. I went the Florida recently on a family holiday to Disney World and even being there didnt take my mind off my skin, thinking that i can wear a jacket or a cardigan in the heat and are other ppl looking at me? Its an awful feeling when ur at the water park and ur the only one wearing a tankini top and leggings as ur so conscience about ur skin (sad face) So ppl im here to listen and in also hear to talk, want to ask me anything go for it, want to chat as a friend of course ill reply. im also hear to make friends if thats possible or just to be supportive xxxx

Posted Sun 1 Jan 2017 21.54 by David

I have devoloped it and like you it gets you down.Dont feel comfortable.

To take part, sign in or register with us