Another newbie here.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 2017 17.51 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Hi everyone ... After about 50yrs remission, I started to get problems on my hands last Jan^16. I was treated with Dovobet Gel (calcopotriol & beclomethasone) with various emollients, After 2 bottles of the Dovobet gel, the improvement was good and they settled down. Now a year later they have broken out again but instead of Dovobet, I asked my doc for something without a steroid and she prescribed Calcioptriol ointment and Flexitol for hands. This was working well after only 2wks and I thought that would be it, but it wasn't. It has now started around the perineum area but not as far as the rear exit .. yet! Does anyone know if cacipotriol can be safely applied to the groin area without any repercussions? I don't really want to bother my doc again as she is rushed off her feet and at least 50yrs my junior, would she want to se me without my underpants on. When I had the first affliction (all over me) some 50yrs ago, I was treated with a plain hydrocortisone lotion, bed rest and a coal tar additive for a daily bath which is no longer available. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated because I'm starting to feel desperation creeping up on me :(

To take part, sign in or register with us