Pagano/Cayce Diet

Posted Mon 23 Jan 2017 23.24 by Psoriasaurus Rex
Sick and tired of scratching the surface - want a cure.

I have read the book 'Healing Psoriasis: The Natural Alternative' by the late Dr John Pagano. By now I have set out a pretty solid diet plan that should be fairly manageable and I am quite confident about it. There is only one problem for me however. After going through the numbers, I will be taking in no more than 2200 calories daily. Fair enough if I were a woman or smaller man, but I am 6'2' and have something of a predispostion to losing weight instead of gaining or retaining it. I don't want to end up like a skeleton on this diet, but I really want to go for it because of it's natural approach and plentiful anecdotal evidence. Any advice? Thanks

Posted Tue 24 Jan 2017 17.24 by gingermonkey
For several years...drives me mad but won't bring me down.

I think you need to accept you will lose weight on this diet. I did, over two stone in fact and I'm 6ft. I was strict to everything he suggests and it was exceptionally hard work believe me. Follow it too strictly and it's inevitable, you are replacing many of the things that are acidic and affect your gut - sugar, booze, most "bad" carbs, nightshades (blimey that covers loads). Alkaline is going to be better for your gut if you are of the view that improving gut flora is the way to help your skin. Personally, I did see improvement, but not the miraculous shifting that the book evidences through his case studies. Having done that diet for the best part of 9 months I stopped, I now take elements of it (greens/fish/alkaline/minimal processed sugars etc) but eat much more of what I know isn't a problem. You have to work that out yourself - you will however feel better for the detox and the refocus it gives you. Don't beat your self up if you have a steak or a beer frankly. Now I combine a diet focus, (including goats milk Kefir - yes really) enstilar and regular min salt baths and my skin is better than it ever has been. It is not cured though and I got over the frustration of not curing it a long time ago. Finally, depending on your age/activity etc 2200 cals isn't as bad as you might think? all the best.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 2017 18.06 by Psoriasaurus Rex (edited Wed 25 Jan 2017 01.44 by Psoriasaurus Rex)

Thank you for the detailed reply, and I'm sorry the diet didn't fully pay off for you. Does seem a little too good to be true if I'm honest, even after reading through all of his leaky gut logic and such. Think most of my concern with the weight is because I'm barely 12 stone as it is. Certainly not one of the many people mentioned in his book that could have done with losing weight. Maybe could stretch a few things to get a couple hundred more calories in there, and should it work or not - I guess all that food ought to be good for me anyway. Thanks

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2017 17.29 by puddykat

Hi. I did this diet and I felt amazing on it. It didn't help the p, but boy it was worth it, I did lose weight and did get told I was skinny ( I am a woman and I liked this haha) I would recommend omega 3 oils and vitamin d3, this does help my skin along with a healthy diet. Good luck

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2017 18.40 by Psoriasaurus Rex

It didn't help the psoriasis at all?! Ah! Not good. The skinny thing too - still not good. Not a look I can pull off. Oh well. Thanks

To take part, sign in or register with us