I'm new

Posted Sat 4 Feb 2017 13.05 by Dave

Hey everyone. About a year ago my skin broke out with psoriasis. The doctor put me on dovobet, but it's not got ride off it. I have psoriasis all over my body- scalp, back, legs, arms and chest. It's itchy, red and skin flakes off. The other day I finally got to see the dermatologist, he's given me clarelux for my scalp and is put me on a course of light therapy, hoping that that will manage it. If not then I'll get put on tablets. Working in indoor all day I don't get much sun. So I hope the light therapy will help. Does anyone know of any dietary ideas that could help?

Posted Sat 4 Feb 2017 18.32 by Psoriasaurus Rex
Sick and tired of scratching the surface - want a cure.

Hey Dave, I've been asking the same thing around a few forums. John Pagano's book 'Healing Psoriasis: The Natural Alternative' seems to be the most popular choice when it comes to diet. Others say focusing on removing or limiting yeast works for them. Definitely don't eat nightshades. I'm still deciding on which one to take, but I certainly know alcohol flares me up a bit. All that stuff you're taking - have you ever heard of Sorion? Can get it off Amazon UK and it clears lesions up rightly.

Posted Sun 5 Feb 2017 16.55 by Ausum

Not sure about dietary solutions but ask your Gp for Enstilar foam. It works much better than Dovobet Oint. I have had ps for bout 15 years and this has made my worst areas much smoother and less angry and itchy. Worth a try. Good luck ☺☺

Posted Thu 9 Feb 2017 16.59 by Natalie-Maria - 37 from Leeds
I'm 30 something year old that has suffered from psoriasis since the age of 12 but recently found something that works!

they say the gluten free diet helps but it can be expensive it might be better the cut down on gluten than cut it out all together. UV therapy worked for me but it wasnt excellent (everyone is different) and started to flare up again before i even finished the treatment. i use dovobet gel, i was on dovobet ointment before and it wasnt doing the job anymore so got a stringer dose and better aswell as it isnt as sticky. im due to see my dermatologist in a few weeks i think to talk about other oral treatments. do you know anything a bout them as ive been told they can compromise your immune system and there are 3 types to choose from Natalie

Posted Sun 12 Feb 2017 22.33 by DN91

Hey, I'm new to this site. I've suffered from psoriasis for about 10 years now. I'm 25 and it's such a pain in the bum! I've tried everything! Methotrexate was a horrible Tablet or injection form. It did work for about 16months then I started getting psoriasis is places I've never had it before. I'm now on biologic drugs fumaric ester acids (think that's spelt right) Anyone had any luck with these or any general tips? Thanks

To take part, sign in or register with us