Eating Blueberries has cleared up my psoriasis

Posted Mon 2 Nov 2020 22.30 by David McCarthy

Have to wait till the new year. Being unemployed I can't afford £1.50 per day, which is what they charge at Lidal. Lidal are normally the cheapest. So I'll be in touch.

Posted Mon 2 Nov 2020 23.01 by SharonG

@David McCarthy I get mine from Aldi they are reasonably priced and you get more - I only have 10 per day.

Posted Tue 3 Nov 2020 09.08 by David McCarthy

I'll check it out today. I don't really know how many to eat, so I'll try 10 a day when I get started. Thanks

Posted Tue 3 Nov 2020 15.22 by SharonG

@DavidMcCarthy You're welcome :) A few is better than none at all to get you started? Not sure if quantity matters? Anyone else have any theories on quantity?

Posted Thu 5 Nov 2020 18.33 by Skbblr (edited Thu 5 Nov 2020 18.44 by Skbblr)

@SharonG Update: first it went worse like any new food or fruits or medicine diet etc I try, covered 90% of my body Past 3 days I can see little bit improvement and skin becoming dark and less redness. I'm continuing medicine plus diet (sugar gluten free and alcohol free :D) I felt dehydrated and in order to improve my condition I started taking some protein apart from veg and fruits in form of sweetwater fish and Salman fish and light chicken stew (light less spicy delicious Indian curry 😂 my wife putting lots of efforts so I can recover from it)with papaya sweet potato squash and carrot and feeling good Dr told me apply biolene/vaseline gel But I'm getting nice results when I apply vaseline aloevera gel Fingers crossed I will post more updates later And daily I'm talking 12/15 blueberries imported from Chile :D and diet is pretty much similar what @Tony mentioned. See you all 🖐

Posted Fri 6 Nov 2020 10.18 by David McCarthy

Been on about 10 or 15 a day since Tuesday 3rd November. I'll give it a couple of weeks to see if theirs any improvement. Their not that tasty either! David

Posted Wed 11 Nov 2020 22.40 by JH2020

I’m 33 having never had Psoriasis before I was diagnosed March this year with Guttate p which eventually turned into Erythrodermic. I was over 90% covered and in so much agony. I was told after that my condition was life threatening. Being truthful to myself I truly believe my diet is the cause as I had a very high sugar intake, I’m not a smoker or a heavy drinker. Ive been on Ciclosporin since March and now I’m weaned off and low and behold the Guttate p is flaring up again. I’m also feeling pain in the joints in my feet so I’m praying it’s not psoriatic arthritis. Came across this blueberry theory and I’ve been trying it over this last week. Not seeing any improvement yet but I’ll keep it going. I’m also taking supplements, Vit D / K2 Selenium Zinc COD Liver Oil. Is anyone else taking these? Are there any other supplements anyone recommends? I’m guessing I need to cut out sugar too?

Posted Sat 14 Nov 2020 15.00 by Skbblr

2nd Update 20% clear. Continuing taking blueberries & my diet . Let's see

Posted Tue 17 Nov 2020 14.04 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

Hi JH2020, I don't think you will see much improvement until you cut down on your high intake of sugar. Psoriasis loves inflammatory type foods, a high sugar intake is bad for your overall health too. It's not clear to me how effective blueberries are for guttate type psoriasis, but I do hope you will see benefit. I recommend eating say about 40g of blueberries a day, really cut down on the sugar, and give it at least a month to six weeks. Don't bother checking your skin every day, you will drive yourself mad looking for an improvement. After 4 weeks then hopefully an improvement will be evident. It takes around a month for our skin cells to renew. Good luck, Phil

Posted Tue 17 Nov 2020 14.12 by Skbblr

Dear All 30% psoriasis erythroderma cleared as on 17/11/2020 Daily taking 12 to 15 blueberries (Fresh imported from Chiley) and continuing my gluten free sugar free diet and trying to live in a stress free environment I was taking methotrexate as per doctors advice but had no improvement. Once I started taking blueberries and gluten free diet first its aggravated then started healing. Thanks

Posted Sun 22 Nov 2020 15.45 by Skbblr

@SharonG Hi hope you are doing fine. I have been eating blueberries since October 2020 and now more than 50% clear within a month. Anti inflamatory blueberries seems to be working fine to cure my psoriasis erythroderma as over 90% of my body covered with with it and I can see my normal skin and feeling better. 😊 I would like to thank @pdr321 and request you and @SharonG to continue the thread so more people can be benefitted from this discussion 😊🙏

Posted Thu 26 Nov 2020 13.46 by Yacht

Good thread. Been eating 20-50 blueberries a day, 5-7 days a week, for the past 2 months (after finding this thread during lockdown). Have seen a slight reduction of roughly -20% in redness, but the number of spots and flakes are unchanged. So far, it is not really working (for me). Rest of diet remains the same. One thing worth noting, from Googling, is that blueberries are quite a strong vaso-constrictor. They may narrow blood vessels. Prolonged vaso-constriction may strangle cells of oxygen. Don't rely on a random forum poster for medical info, of course, but it is worth researching this potential "downside" of daily blueberry consumption. Blueberries (surprisingly) are not risk-free.

Posted Wed 2 Dec 2020 08.21 by Tony

Hi, its Tony again - a quick update. I am clear now! I started on the 26.of Oct. the real change was visible after 2 full Weeks 60-70%. And now it gets slowly better to approx. 90%. I ate minimum 125 gramms per day (i still do) - but also I followed a strict diet, including additional supplements. And now I am left with white spots and patches, all over the body. It was and it is, a hard way - but for me it was worth it. Thanks for all the help. Best regards Tony

Posted Sun 6 Dec 2020 21.11 by Evaristo
Soy Peruano de nacimiento, ingeniero Quimico y bachiller en leyes, me apacionan los minerales y la defensa del medio ambiente.

Hola Soy Evaristo del norte de Peru, al sur de america, empecé a tomar Arandanos el dia 4.12.2020, espero encontrar buenos resultados, les estaré escribiendo sobre mis avances que espero se han buenos, adicionalmente debo comentarles que consumo maca y eso me ayuda mucho con la piel y con el stress, es un potente energético y alimento proteico, me ayuda mucho. saludos y a seguir cuidandose

Posted Sun 6 Dec 2020 22.32 by SharonG

Update I have about 10 BB's per day and I am almost clear - feet haven't been this good for years!! All I can put it down to is cooler weather and blueberries - I still moisturise regularly with anything that soaks in - and that's it - no nasty steroids - long may it continue - so anyone about to start - stick with them :) Blueberries ROCK :)

Posted Sun 6 Dec 2020 22.37 by SharonG

@ Skbblr Hope they are working for you :) They are for me :)

Posted Sun 6 Dec 2020 22.52 by Skbblr

@SharonG hi so happy to hear it from you that bb magic is working for you . 😂👍 I'm 98% clear now so happy. 🥳🥳🥳🥳Only issue is availability of blueberries and quality rest are all ok. And I still continue my strict diet as I dont want to take any chances. Advanced Merry Christmas to you & All :) Take care :)

Posted Mon 7 Dec 2020 04.55 by shappobunny

Hi all! I am incredibly excited to see where this goes, but I've had psoriasis for 7 years and never really cared about it. I got COVID recently and I flared up SO BAD. I hadn't had a flare like that ever. So now I am dedicating myself to get rid of it! I've been eating blueberries (frozen) for two weeks now with no progress... But I am not losing hope. I have also tried to change my diet a bit but I still live with my parents so it's hard to dictate what food is made here and that will kind of decide whether or not I eat that day. I've read a ton of this forum but I wanted to know for sure, can the blueberries be the only change, or do I have to change the rest of my diet to see results? I've been doing my best but I'm worried if it's not 100% it won't be effective... Sending lots of love to everyone, so happy to see these changes for everyone else!

Posted Mon 7 Dec 2020 08.22 by SharonG

@Skbblr Happy Days - Long may it continue :) @shappobunny BB's are working for me but not sure they are the only factor here? - but while I am as free of it right now - I will stick with them :) Sadly some things work for some but not for others - Stick with them it has taken 4 months or more for me to be this good. @pdr321 I salute you for bringing this to my attention :) Thank You :) I will continue to pop back here and see how everyone is doing :) Merry Christmas to all and All the very best for a Covid Free 2021 :)

Posted Wed 9 Dec 2020 00.26 by JadeOrr1

salute to this post, its cured me and I couldn't be more grateful!!!! thank you, sending a virtual beer x

To take part, sign in or register with us