Recently diagnosed....

Posted Sat 18 Mar 2017 00.29 by Kirstyt78 (edited Sat 18 Mar 2017 00.40 by Kirstyt78)

I've recently been diagnosed with psoriasis and don't have much information tbh. I've sat and dwelled on it and I know there will be so much information on here. Are swollen and painful ankles and wrists part of the deal? Or have I caused this by not wanting to 'crack' my feet by walking normally? Ive got random bruises popping up on my arms, one one my finger and just noticed one on my shoulder. Hi anyway, my name's Kirsty, tia x

Posted Sat 18 Mar 2017 12.53 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

None of us visiting here are professional experts, so my advice is to return to the health care professional who diagnosed you and ask for as much guidance as possible, and also get those bruises checked out for possible causes. As far as I am aware, P will not cause bruising, but plaque P can be made worse by pressure on those areas. This causes problems with my hands as I use a walking stick for stability, so be careful how tight your clothing is and take note if anything is causing pressure on any part of you. Good luck Kirsty and pop back to share when you have seen your doc again.

Posted Sun 19 Mar 2017 17.43 by Kirstyt78

Thank you :-) I'm at my wits end, had a breakout on my hands so a call will be made first thing to the doctors tomorrow. It's just come from absolutely nowhere. Work have been good, I'm on my feet for my shifts but they've said I can work on checkouts so I'm sitting down. Thank you again, hope you're having a not too bad day

To take part, sign in or register with us