Metotrexate

Posted Thu 11 May 2017 12.52 by Sam77

Hi my daughter (19) has just been prescribed methotrexate for her psoriasis. She has been down all other routes of medication, we even tried acupuncture and Chinese medicine everything works for a while and then she flares back up. Hopefully this will work. I will try and keep updated of any side effects and if it works for her.

Posted Thu 11 May 2017 14.44 by RR2691x

Hi. I was around 19 when taking methotrexate. Apart from the regular blood tests and scans I found this to be very helpful. It cleared my skin and had no side effects whilst taking it. Unfortunately, mine came back around 9 months after stopping the medication. Hope it works for your Daughter!

Posted Thu 11 May 2017 15.02 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Unfortunately, and writing from experience, there is no such thing as a cure for P. Some things work so well you will think that the P has been cured for good, but eventually as time passes it returns. The best that can be done is treatment by rotation of everything that has worked in the past and by doing that the P can be controlled to a tolerable extent. I have been treating since my early 20's and now I'm in my 70's so it's something I've learnt to manage in the best possible way.

To take part, sign in or register with us