Psoriasis Flare ups

Posted Tue 14 May 2013 19.16 by sillycat
I have Scalp psoriasis Psoriatic Arthritis Guttate Psoriais

Hi, I'm 50 and was diagnosed with psoriasis about 25 years ago and psoriatic arthritis about 15 years ago while living in the UK. I was on methotrexate for five years which controlled matters. I left the UK to live in Spain 10 years ago and came off all meds, just had the occasional flare up of both from time to time which I just took ibuprofen & rested.. It has now flared up again, scalp & ears for dry psoriasis, the arthritis flared up bad with wrists, fingers & toes & left knee. nails are also affected badly. I also started to suffer with guttate psoriasis over quite a few areas of my body. A bit fed up with all this to say the least! The first time the arthritis flared was about 4-6 months after two operations quite close together. This last bad flare up has come 6 months after a full hysterectomy and a recent abccess & cyst removal from my face! It seems my body bites me on the bum if I have to have surgery! This last arthritis flare up is the worst, back on methotrexate but a lot higher dose than I had before, also on a COX-2, I'm also having physio three times a week, magnets, ultrasound,electric current, massage & paraffin wraps for my wrists, so going at it quite aggressively! Has anyone else had a similar connection?

Posted Thu 11 Sep 2014 17.52 by katecell8atgmail (edited Wed 2 Dec 2015 20.50 by ravi1)
My mom had it but not anymore

Psoriasis is not a skin disease, it's a blood disease. The skin problem is simply the symptoms. No one's telling you this because companies make more money from treating symptoms than underlying causes. If you just swallow a piece of garlic each day (no need to chew it) to help clean your blood, your psoriasis should eventually go away completely. This is what my mother did. It would be much appreciated if you could email me any results. I think it's pretty clear this is not a skin disease and it upsets me greatly that it is being treated as such.

To take part, sign in or register with us