Just sharing my treatment regime

Posted Mon 16 Sep 2013 19.50 by Hannah19
Have suffered with psoriasis since a child but am suffering with it at the worst I have ever had it and no treatment is working for me.

Hi all am new to the group but thought I would share my treatment regime for my psoriasis. I have suffered with mild psoriasis since the age of 13, am now 28 but recently am suffering with it at its worst. I have it in patches pretty much all over my body but the worst is in my scalp, ears and face. I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and have it has got worse since being pregnant prob due to hormones. I have tried every possible cream, ointment, lotion and shampoo that is safe to use whilst pregnant, prescription and over the counter stuff, but nothing has worked or even helped! Some even made it worse! It got to a point last night that my scalp was so sore and itchy it felt like my head was on fire and kept me awake all night. Feeling quite miserable and down today I phoned the doctor once again and have now been prescribed capasal shampoo for my scalp and elidel cream for the other areas. i also went into my local Lush shop and bought a scalp soap bar and a scalp ointment to try. I used the soap bar on my scalp and left it to soak for about half hour and rinsed it off with cold water, i then applied itch relief cream to my scalp and left it in all day and for the 1st time in months ive had no itching all day. Im going to repeat the same now and leave in over night. Does anyone recommend the capasal shampoo or shall I stick to the lush soap bar?

Posted Thu 10 Apr 2014 14.36 by joreilly
have had increasingly large patches since I was 12, it has steadily gotten worse and I am now 48

Hi Hannah, Sorry to hear that you are having such a rotten time, but congrats on your pregnancy. I use Diprosalic and Serbo for my scalp and it seems to work, apart from the fact that Serbo smells REALLY bad...lol... I hope this site helps you as I know I have gotten LOADS of tips from it. Just ordered probitics after a comment I read about a woman and her little girl with psoriasis. My mother (who is 70) had psoriasis for 30 years until she started taking priobiotics for her upset stomach... now she is CLEAR! I hadn't put the two together until now... good luck with everything Hannah!

Posted Wed 14 May 2014 07.15 by Deejay
Hello,im deejay 32 and have had it since i was in college years,i get it on my scalp, back and legs,have tryed many treatments but the effec

Hi Joreilly, Your correct, defosalic lotion help the inflammatory of the scalp also I can suggest the following OTC medicines that i think will help u a lot. - Salibet or Daivobet ointment for your body If you have additional question you can reach me thru my email deejay.perez27@gmail.com cheer up!

To take part, sign in or register with us