Dovonex and Dovobet

Posted Tue 6 Mar 2018 21.05 by susie.r

I can't get hold of Dovonex (I am in France at the moment) I wonder if anyone knows where I could purchase some. I would also be interested in knowing the difference between Dovonex and Dovobet, Dovonex works for me and I can't get hold of it Dovobet doesn't work and I can get hold of it?

Posted Wed 7 Mar 2018 09.54 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Dovobet gel is a combination product of Calcipotriol and Beclamethasone (steroid), where Dovonex is just Calcipotriol. Over here in England Dovonex has been discontinued but generic Calcipotriol ointment is available on prescription. Its okay, but being an ointment everything sure does get greasy if not applied with great care. If you can find a pharmacy with reasonable English (if your French is not good), I'm sure they will be able to supply a generic for you if a doc directs them to.

Posted Wed 7 Mar 2018 19.23 by susie.r

Thank you, I will try and get a prescription for Calcipotriol, but wonder why Dovonex has been discontinued? Odd.

Posted Sun 24 Jun 2018 08.07 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Here is a note about Dovonex from this website: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/news/dovonex-update There is a lot more to this site than just the forums.

Posted Sun 24 Jun 2018 18.50 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Incidentally, I was prescribed Dovonex 4 or 5 years ago - It improved large plaquess on my elbows to a degree, but did not clear them. Diprosalic and more recently Dovobet were far more effective - as might be expected from the active ingredients. But that is one of the difficulties with psoriaisis and psoriasis treatments, what seems to work for one person may not work to the same degree or even at all for someone else. Some people experience immediate steroid bounce as soon as they stop using a treatment, and some others remain relatively clear for quite some time. I would certainly be wary of someone I do not persnally know, who claims to be "cured" and has 10 x 30gm tubes of ointment left over.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 2018 13.20 by susie.r

Hi VJ, that is very kind I will email you shortly. I can't get it here in France. I keep losing connection so please bear with me. Susie.

Posted Mon 25 Jun 2018 13.27 by susie.r

OhNo_NotAgain. Noted and Thanks.

To take part, sign in or register with us