itching and burning

Posted Thu 28 Jun 2018 14.55 by diane

Please please can anyone recommend something to stop this itching and burning it is seriously driving me mad that I don't know what I will do next tried Estilar Cetraben. Hydromol, Baby lotion, Aloe Vera, Black sea soap. I am waking up in the night scratching so much that I am bleeding then the creams burns when I put it on and then a vicious circle starts Doctor says keep putting the prescribed cream on I don't think I can take it much longer I am covered from head to toe in psoriasis I know there are people worse than me I am starting Otezia today but it could take up to 3months to see an effect . has anyone got a sure way to stop the itching please thanks diane

Posted Thu 28 Jun 2018 15.48 by new to it

so sorry to heqar you are suffering! have you tried Aveeno cream and soap ?

Posted Thu 28 Jun 2018 17.04 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Thu 28 Jun 2018 20.50 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

I assume that you are not talking about scalp psoriasis. My itching has subsided recently, but when at its worse I found that a bath with Oilatum or Oilatum Plus (bought off amazon.co.uk) helped a lot. The "PLus" has an antiseptic to help a bit with bleeding sites. Additionally tried almost all emoliients/moisturisers, found DoubleBase Gel and Doublebase Dayleve Gel the best ie giving most relief. I was recommended by a medic on a ship to try Australian Tea Tea oil, bought it but not tried it yet. EDIT: Tea Tree Oil, apply it topically, do not ingest it.

Posted Thu 28 Jun 2018 18.57 by diane

thank you both will try anything

To take part, sign in or register with us