Scratching and Eating

Posted Mon 10 Mar 2014 18.46 by Bubblegirl
Scalp psoriasis for 4-5 years

Hey, i just found this forum I've had scalp psoriasis for 4-5 years now, it mainly goes with stress, how stressed i am the worse it is. But i know this is horrible but within the last year or so when i'm really stressed or worried i find my self eating the skin that i've scratched off. i dont even realise i do it sometimes. But i currently live at university away from home and as im by myself most of the time its getting really bad.My heads raw all the times and im constantly eating what i scratch off. Is it common to eat the skin after scratching? My family are really supportive but its hard when there not here and they only tell me to stop or tap my hand away from my head when I'm scratching. I've tried so many different prescriptions but i've found a few tips on here that im going to try. Thanks, E

Posted Wed 12 Mar 2014 02.23 by CConner
Had it since I was little. Always have been self conscious, aggravated and at times consumed with it. Now it is causing repeated infections

It was brave and honest for you to admit that. I think its more common than most would like to admit, and probably instinctual. I just wouldn't get carried away with it, especially if there's medicine on the scales you pick off.

To take part, sign in or register with us