Complications of Psoriasis

Posted Mon 5 May 2014 08.55 by Amandine
Plaque Psoriasis since childhood, now nail psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, eye problems, the full monty really!

Everytime I get a new symptom and google it, the web is full of forums where Psoriasis sufferers have previously reported the symptom as a complication of Psoriasis, yet doctors seem oblivious to it. So I thought it would be useful to collate our experiences here to help each other. For example, I have developed Allergic Bronchitis as a reaction to some chilli in a curry on saturday - apparently the fault of my overactive immune system. What unusual symptoms have you had?

Posted Thu 8 May 2014 06.41 by Chris R

I find the shear random behaviour of psoriasis irritating. I can only compare it to plugging leaks that then occur elsewhere. Get rid of one patch another pops up where you least want it.I've been diagnosed with polyarthralgia (think I've spelt it right). Basically arthritis in many joints. The jaw is difficult but could be down to me talking too much. Shoulders, knees, hips but I run a lot and find the pain goes and the anxiety diminishes whilst I do. Many people with either or both these conditions suffer with low self esteem and I'm no different. But your fightback against this cruel condition(s) has to come from within. We all need to find something we're good at and enjoy and immerse ourselves in it. Then, I feel, the self eesteem increases and the condition(s) become something you have and not something you are.

To take part, sign in or register with us