How do you manage your condition? Do you use technology to help?

Posted Tue 9 Sep 2014 16.58 by gcsexton
I've had it for many years now.

Greetings everyone, I hope everyone is well. I wanted to ask what kinds of technologies or monitoring devices do you use to monitor your condition's progress/regression in between medical visits, like the camera on your smart phone? I have psoriasis (developing PSA) and I've been noticing there isn't much in the way apps or software existing. Because of this, I've started to build an app - called Dermitrax (dermitrax.co) - that allows people with skin and cancer conditions to monitor their progress and synch it with their medical EMR system at the doctor office. If any of you would be willing to help a fellow sufferer out I would love to learn your thoughts and explorations. So, do you use your mobile device to monitor your condition? Has it helped you feel more secure and empowered? If you had access to an app that would help you better monitor your condition would you use it? What if you could connect the information you have to your doctor/practitioner's office, would you? Do you feel your doctor would find use in the data for better management of your condition? Any help you're willing to offer up would be exciting and wonderful. My goal is to build a product that is made for folks like us and can offer a little solace/help along the way. Cheers and thanks!

Posted Thu 11 Sep 2014 17.49 by katecell8atgmail
My mom had it but not anymore

Hello, I signed up just to send you this message. Psoriasis is not a skin disease, it's a blood disease. The skin problem is simply the symptoms. No one's telling you this because companies make more money from treating symptoms than underlying causes. If you just swallow a piece of garlic each day (no need to chew it) to help clean your blood, your psoriasis should eventually go away completely. This is what my mother did. It would be much appreciated if you could email me any results. I think it's pretty clear this is not a skin disease and it upsets me greatly that it is being treated as such.

To take part, sign in or register with us