How to tell a potential partner?

Posted Thu 13 Nov 2014 23.51 by psoriasisgal

I'm a 20 year old girl at university and have had psoriasis for 3 years, but for the most part it was only on my scalp with a few patches on my body. However this summer I had a massive flare up and now have plaques all over my body which aren't going away with my current treatment. Since this flare up whenever I meet a potential partner the issue of my psoriasis is always in the back of my mind and I don't know how I would ever bring it up in conversation. Has anyone had this conversation with someone they've recently met? Or even if not if anyone has any ideas of how to broach the subject in a non-embarrassing/awkard way that would be very helpful!

Posted Wed 26 Nov 2014 23.17 by adamrichard
All over

Hello, sorry you feel this way. Many of us always feel like this included me, it always plays on mind various questions, how will they react? What will they say? What will they do next?. Personally myself I feel like to tell people straight away just be honest I find this way it's out there and then they can be the judgement on there feelings, if they don't mind they will stick around. It's easier doing it this way then getting so far into it and they rea lise and then they might not like it. Hope this helps.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 2015 22.48 by mjtj2015

Hi! In my experiences, I have told people sometimes and other times allowed them to see it naturally and then explain when they ask like it's not a big deal.... you have to go with what you feel comfortable with but the most important thing to remember is that you will always see it worse than most others, as it's your body. I think people are more accepting than we imagine, but it's bloody tough to maintain that mindset in the moment! I wanted to share with you my story which could be helpful: I'm 25 and suffer from psoriasis or at least, I did suffer from it.... I had it throughout university - two very small patches on my elbows and when I started my first job when I left it went mad and got worse and worse and worse. I was covered head to foot and would wake up in a bed of flakes every morning - I tried all sorts of steroid creams, UV Treatment, a lot of baths! I got to a point where drugs were suggested and I thought there must be another way... Miraculously, I have now found a way to manage it, which might work for you also... I stumbled across someone called Jason Vale last year who also suffered from psoriasis but who found a way to cure his psoriasis through juicing... he has tailored a diet that is a completely healthy and balanced diet which can help to alleviate the symptoms of psoriasis and in some cases fully clear it up (it did for me!) - the only drawback is the sacrifice of sweets, chocolate, coffee, alcohol etc. which for me wasn't much of a sacrifice as I would do anything to get rid of psoriasis! I'd just like to add that I'm in no way associated to Jason Vale and have no specific interest in promoting him except for the fact that he has created this amazing diet that might just be able to help... Here is a link to the page on his website where you can click through to his 'clear skin diet'. http://www.juicemaster.com/free-downloads I want to spread the word to see if it can help others, which I am sure it can! It'd be great to hear your feedback, please feel free to contact me at michael.j.t.jones@gmail.com if you need any more information. Thanks, Mike

To take part, sign in or register with us