Progress after 5 years

Posted Tue 25 Nov 2014 13.25 by peterwright
I suffer with Psoriasis on my arms, back scalp. Its a condition that really effects my confidence.

I have suffered Psoriasis since I was a boy which came and went through the years. The last 5 years have been the worst where it came and never left, i was given all sorts of creams to combat it which never worked. Each time I failed it put me in a dark place and lost confidence. I have really given up with Dr's advice as they seem to not understand how to treat it. Recently I did a lot of research into the condition myself and found that for a lot of people it was triggered by lifestyle and diet choices. I have since took it upon myself to try something a little different, I am now taking a omega 3 fish oil which has DHA and EPA, vitamin D and a vitamin C along with reducing sugar and dairy intake. In less than a week I have seen significant improvements in the condition especially on my forehead which has 80% cleared up, the P on my arms are also a soft pink colour with few scales. My next steps will be to get a probiotic, hopefully this will aide the clear up further by promoting a healthy immune and digestive system. Fingers crossed this is the start of me recovering or at least being able to manage the condition and for others it may be something you could consider trying if you have ran out of other options.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 2015 22.43 by mjtj2015

Hi! Great to hear about your experience - I'm quite intruiged... have you maintained alcohol intake at all? See my story below :) I'm 25 and suffer from psoriasis or at least, I did suffer from it.... I had it throughout university - two very small patches on my elbows and when I started my first job when I left it went mad and got worse and worse and worse. I was covered head to foot and would wake up in a bed of flakes every morning - I tried all sorts of steroid creams, UV Treatment, a lot of baths! I got to a point where drugs were suggested and I thought there must be another way... Miraculously, I have now found a way to manage it, which might work for you also... I stumbled across someone called Jason Vale last year who also suffered from psoriasis but who found a way to cure his psoriasis through juicing... he has tailored a diet that is a completely healthy and balanced diet which can help to alleviate the symptoms of psoriasis and in some cases fully clear it up (it did for me!) - the only drawback is the sacrifice of sweets, chocolate, coffee, alcohol etc. which for me wasn't much of a sacrifice as I would do anything to get rid of psoriasis! I'd just like to add that I'm in no way associated to Jason Vale and have no specific interest in promoting him except for the fact that he has created this amazing diet that might just be able to help... Here is a link to the page on his website where you can click through to his 'clear skin diet'. http://www.juicemaster.com/free-downloads I want to spread the word to see if it can help others, which I am sure it can! It'd be great to hear your feedback, please feel free to contact me at michael.j.t.jones@gmail.com if you need any more information. Thanks, Mike

To take part, sign in or register with us