Using Betnovate For Scalp On My Hands

Posted Mon 26 Jan 2015 02.03 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

The Betnovate the doctor gave me for my scalp actually has very little effect on my scalp.....but I've managed to almost completely eliminate half a dozen or so small psoriasis areas on my hands by applying a tiny bit of the Betnovate every 3 or 4 days. It's the only area where I have had any success.....as the rest of my body is about 1/3 covered in psoriasis.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 2015 11.48 by UXB Sam
I have had it for about 20 years now, and am finally (but slowly) seeing it go. I have a clear scalp for the first time ever and it is going

Hi Peter S, I'm really struggling with psoriasis on my hands and use Betnovate on my scalp. Did you apply it to your hands in the evening or during the day? I know it might not sound important by I now apply my Dovobet to my body at night (after several years of applying it ion the morning) and I really notice the difference in result. Thanks,

Posted Tue 16 Jun 2015 01.18 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

UXB... The psoriasis on my hands was ( I say was as its largely gone now ) quite different from on the rest of my body. It was small round red patches that were not raised ( like psoriasis patches usually are ) but which always developed a very hard sort of nodule of skin right at the centre. You could not pick these nodules off, like you can with most psoriasis scabs.....or it would bleed like hell. That was what Betnovate wrked wonders on. I'd apply a tiny bit every few days. I've since gone onto Dovobet...which I have found very effective.

Posted Tue 8 Sep 2015 06.30 by dougie
i have it all over my body

hi i recently changed my diet realising that the cure must come from the inside,so i avoid anything with wheat in it you have to be careful because wheat is in nearly everything i also gave up cows milk and use almond milk it tastes realy nice and keeps for longer i believe cows milk is for cows and if you check it out on youtube you will give it up too.i purchased a nutri bullet and have a smoothie every day i have banana,carrot,frozen fruits and spinach green vegtables are very good for the skin you can buy them from tesco or any other supermarket and i do not drink tap water i think that flouride is poison i have to wash in it bit if i had a choice i wouldnt so now i will explain the changes since the diet first i am 62 i have psoriasis or should i say had because it is definately fading and i think will eventualy go altogether im also about 17 stone and this diet has a nice side afect it also helps to loose weight because most foods that contain wheat are fattening i also have C.O.P.D and if i can bring my weight down that will help my breathing i hope you give it a try you have nothing to lose let me know how your doing god bless dougie

To take part, sign in or register with us