Helping my dad

Posted Thu 12 Feb 2015 10.20 by Steph
My dad has psoriasis

Hi all, I'm new here but hope that chatting with others in the same boat as my dad may give him a little hope. He's had psoriasis very badly for three years, had two UV treatments lasting several months after years and years of creams, ointments, moisturisers etc. he's now taking Cyclosporine which initially had a fantastic effect on his skin, however the side effects are brutal. He's in his seventies and this has pretty much stopped his life. He's very depressed and both my parents are exhausted. I'm trying to be the voice of reason but I'm really worried about him. They have reduced his dosage and he is due back at the hospital in ten days or so. He's off his food, too tired to go on his daily walks, shaking terribly and having severe shivering fits, as well as having problems going to the loo. Is this just the side effects? Sorry to go on, I just so want to help him :-(

Posted Sun 8 Mar 2015 00.16 by B
I have had Psoriasis for 15 years and after a long period of remission I am having a major flare up, mainly on my face!

Hi Steph My heart goes out to your dad I have had P for 15 years on and off..currently on! I am going to be trying out changing my diet, there is a book that has been mentioned on this site by Dr John Pagano, 'Healing Psoriasis the natural way' Psoriasis is a disease that comes from within, creams and lotions will only mask the problem and offer temporary relief, its all about the gut and the toxins that have entered the bloodstream. The majority (99%) of what I have researched on the internet about changing diet has been positive. Hope this helps B

To take part, sign in or register with us