Going to the Dead Sea to treat my Psoriasis

Posted Fri 20 Mar 2015 05.49 by Calculator

I am seriously considering visiting the Dead Sea in Israel to treat my psoriasis. I have had this condition for over 18 years now and it only gets worse year on year. My doctor's are unwilling to send me back for Phototherapy (understandable considering risks) or prescribe me oral treatments. I would greatly appreciate to hear from people who have been to the Dead Sea in Israel to treat their Psoriasis. These are some of the questions I have: 1. Do I need a letter from my GP to show why I am travelling to Israel for treatment? 2. Where to stay? - Flight tickets are costing about £3-£500. After adding hotel prices, how much could it cost me to go there for about 3 weeks? - I understand some hotels have their own dermatologists. Is the service they offer part of the package or is this an extra? - It would be ideal if I could sunbathe privately, at-least until my symptoms improve a bit. - What do the hotels provide in terms of treatment (I heard some prescribe creams/ emollients to use whilst in the sun) 3. If you maintained a healthy lifestyle after completing your treatment at the dead sea, how long was it until you noticed symptoms again? I look forward to hearing from you!

Posted Tue 5 May 2015 22.51 by BK80
Have had it for 20 years, from mild to severe.

I decided to try it 3 years ago and it had good results. Last year I went for two weeks and I mostly cleared. Three would have completely cleared I think. Remission was about 6 months. I am about to go back next week. 1. You don't need a referral although you can go and pay to see the DMZ clinic in the Lot hotel. 2. I go with a group with Dead Sea Travel and the cost is c£2500.

Posted Tue 5 May 2015 23.01 by BK80

Sorry and in addition.. 2. Only the DMZ centre has dermatologists as far as I know. Usually we just bathe for 20mins x2 and then sunbathe using oil rather than sun cream and build up to your own maximum. I'm fair skinned and by the end of two weeks I could do 6 hours in the Sun. I have only stayed at the David, which is a nice hotel and have been with a group every time. All the hotels have single sex solariums on the roof as far as I am aware, these are filled with psoriasis sufferers. The hotels don't provide treatment but you can visit the clinic if you want. Most people just use baby oil and sun. At the end of two weeks I has gone from about 40percent to 10percent and it continued to clear for a few weeks to less than 5 percent. I had 6 months remission buy wasn't very healthy and also got a new referral who gave me steroids which caused serious flare up. Going next week to sort it out. There are groups in April/May and October I think. It is the best thing I have ever done for my skin.

Posted Tue 5 May 2015 23.01 by BK80 (edited Sat 27 Jun 2015 10.32 by RebeccaAnnJoyce)

Sorry and in addition.. 2. Only the DMZ centre has dermatologists as far as I know. Usually we just bathe for 20mins x2 and then sunbathe using oil rather than sun cream and build up to your own maximum. I'm fair skinned and by the end of two weeks I could do 6 hours in the Sun. I have only stayed at the David, which is a nice hotel and have been with a group every time. All the hotels have single sex solariums on the roof as far as I am aware, these are filled with psoriasis sufferers. The hotels don't provide treatment but you can visit the clinic if you want. Most people just use baby oil and sun. At the end of two weeks I has gone from about 40percent to 10percent and it continued to clear for a few weeks to less than 5 percent. I had 6 months remission buy wasn't very healthy and also got a new referral who gave me steroids which caused serious flare up. Going next week to sort it out. There are groups in April/May and October I think. It is the best thing I have ever done for my skin.

Posted Tue 12 May 2015 20.08 by janwatson12 (edited Tue 12 May 2015 20.08 by faizal)

I used to suffer from psoriasis for about 15 years so I have tried every single cream & ointment there is. Unfortunately almost every cream had little effect at all but thankfully I was actually able to completely cure my psoriasis after my cousin told me how she cured hers. I only had to do 2 things,: 1. Use a humidifier in your house. This will add moisture to the air and to your skin without you knowing. 2. Follow every step in the free video & guide seen at http://curehealthproblem.com/psoriasis Try those two steps and hopefully you will get as much luck with getting rid of psoriasis as i did. Just remember psoriasis does not have to be a permanent problem, creams may slightly ease symptoms occasionally (as does fish oil capsules) but you really need to tackle the root cause.

Posted Tue 8 Sep 2015 07.06 by dougie
i have it all over my body

hi i recently changed my diet realising that the cure must come from the inside,so i avoid anything with wheat in it you have to be careful because wheat is in nearly everything i also gave up cows milk and use almond milk it tastes realy nice and keeps for longer i believe cows milk is for cows and if you check it out on youtube you will give it up too.i purchased a nutri bullet and have a smoothie every day i have banana,carrot,frozen fruits and spinach green vegtables are very good for the skin you can buy them from tesco or any other supermarket and i do not drink tap water i think that flouride is poison i have to wash in it bit if i had a choice i wouldnt so now i will explain the changes since the diet first i am 62 i have psoriasis or should i say had because it is definately fading and i think will eventualy go altogether im also about 17 stone and this diet has a nice side afect it also helps to loose weight because most foods that contain wheat are fattening i also have C.O.P.D and if i can bring my weight down that will help my breathing i hope you give it a try you have nothing to lose let me know how your doing god bless dougie

Posted Thu 29 Oct 2015 23.08 by gercher
Skin and joint for 35 years

We all know that treatment results vary from one individual to another, but FWIW here are my observations: 1. It can provide clearance for some time (a year maybe?) but the old devil will return eventually. 2. You can go to Israel or Jordan. I've tried both and I prefer Jordan, but it's a personal choice. 3. Prices for flights and hotels are easy to find on the Internet. Some companies may offer package deals that are cheaper than putting it together yourself. Make sure the hotel has a segregated male/female solarium so you can get total exposure. You may be nervous at first, but it gets easier when you realise that others have the same problems. 4. In my experience, clinics/dermatologists etc. add little value. They provide ointments that soften the plaque (so it's easier to remove and expose affected areas to the sun) and moisturisers to use after exposure. These can be bought over the counter before you go at a MUCH cheaper price. 5. Personally, I find the Dead Sea/Salts/Mud etc. have absolutely no effect on psoriasis (though maybe they have some cosmetic value). It's just the sun that does the trick. Buy a cheap kitchen timer and spit roast yourself in the sun with four timed phases each session (front/back/left/right). Increase gradually so you don't burn. The exact times will depend on your skin type. Don't use sun tan oil, but moisturise well after each session. 6. Plan on 2 weeks minimum to see a noticeable effect. For me, 3 weeks works OK. Good luck!

1 Posted Thu 14 Jan 2016 19.36 by neil_india

Pso can be cured completely by combinations of supplements which are I am giving here in India to treat Pso patients,those are combination of plant stem cell + Noni enzyme + Moringa extract if you want to know then call me or whatsapp me on +919890877293, thanks

Posted Sat 7 May 2016 19.01 by irishgeoff

Have you tried roscara <a href="http://roscara.com">Psoriasis Cream</a> ?

Posted Sat 28 Jan 2023 10.04 by Rolybobs

Do Dead Sea Travel still run holidays for psoriasis sufferers?

Posted Fri 3 Feb 2023 09.27 by Gekko

Yes they do. A trip is planned for the end of April (TBC). Prices are high because of the exchange rate.

Posted Sun 5 Feb 2023 17.51 by Lottie

Hallo I have just joined. Am seriously considering a visit to the Dead Sea. Can anyone give me any recommendations for hotels/spas/resorts. Any help gratefully received. Thanks

To take part, sign in or register with us