Scalp psoriasis

Posted Tue 20 Oct 2020 17.12 by Asina (edited Wed 21 Oct 2020 15.05 by Asina)

Hi ive had psoriasis since I was a baby the gp never knew what it was until I was 15 I am now 16 I just want to know what helps the flare ups does eating blueberries help and how much do I have to eat for how long my scalp gets itchy and just flakes and I often get bumps but I use a betcap steroid before having a shower for 30mins I want to know if there’s a treatment that I can use that I don’t have to use forever that doesn’t make my hair fall out as I have East African hair thank you :)

Posted Wed 21 Oct 2020 15.01 by scarletsmummy

I have had it in my scalp for the last 30 years and the only thing that helps is Cocois ointment from the doctors , I rub it into the plaques and leave it overnight and lift the plaques off with a comb next morning and shower off , Its a bit greasy so i am a bit sparse with it I use Betcap every other day .. Good luck

Posted Wed 21 Oct 2020 15.05 by Asina

Thank you so much

Posted Fri 23 Oct 2020 10.40 by Barker42

Hi, Does anyone have any none greasy treatments? So far, all treatments I’ve been given are really greasy to the point that I cannot do daily due to working on a shift pattern. I’ve heard of eating ginger etc. But does anyone know of any good shampoos as I am unsure on all of this. Also, in fear that I am washing it to regularly due to the grease that it is bad for my scalp and hair? Thank you for any replies!

1 Posted Mon 26 Oct 2020 16.29 by alchi123

Hi! I use super balm from LUSH and put that in my hair overnight and then use the soak and float shampoo bar - it really helps lift my scalp psoriasis and use of LUSH products mean not using harsh chemicals on my hair!

Posted Tue 29 Dec 2020 02.31 by Lel

Dermovate scalp application is good.

Posted Tue 2 Mar 2021 20.44 by Bethritchie

Synalar gel!

Posted Thu 4 Mar 2021 13.54 by lizziep (edited Thu 4 Mar 2021 13.54 by lizziep)

I took the advice of someone on this site and have just tried the Body Shop Ginger shampoo and conditioner, and I must say it has helped - not cured, but definitely helped.

Posted Thu 4 Mar 2021 14.58 by Lilac Lu

I have had scalp psoriasis on and off for the last four years. Currently my head is clear but it is still so itchy! Currently I am massaging coconut oil in and it does relieve the itch a little but it makes my hair so greasy - then when I wash my hair the itch starts all over again. I dread getting any water on my scalp as it seems so sensitive and then massive itching again. Has anyone else had this problem? Apart from using dry shampoo all the time, I have no idea what to do. Are there any products available?

To take part, sign in or register with us