Hard water

Posted Sun 27 Dec 2020 17.30 by Grandadbaz

Hello everyone Has anybody had any experience by using an under sink water softener plumbed direct into the water supply to remove oxides from their hard water supply and has it made a difference to their skin condition at all . Just looking back we moved in 2003 from Warwickshire (soft water area ) to Staffordshire ( Hard water area ) that is when my own psiorisis & eczema started and is still prevalent today. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and all the best for 2021. Regards Barry

Posted Tue 29 Dec 2020 19.35 by bargainlovingmum

Hi Barry - great question. I wondered the same as we moved from Edinburgh (soft water) to S of England (hard water) and my psoriasis started a couple years later and has got steadily worse. I tried the free trial for Harvey’s water softener and really hoped it would help. Some of my relatives like it in their homes, but they’re in London where their water isn’t the best. I didn’t notice any difference - for me or for my 2 sons’ eczema - sadly. It was also expensive so I cancelled after the free trial. The water also tasted a bit yuck, although I got a separate mini tap with filtered un-softened water for drinking water as part of the trial. You could do the free trial and see if it’s good for you..?

Posted Wed 30 Dec 2020 04.02 by Grandadbaz

Thanks for your thoughts , much appreciated. Regards Barry

Posted Mon 17 May 2021 00.48 by MyaAshley (edited Mon 17 May 2021 00.49 by MyaAshley)

The opposite actually happened to me! I moved from hard water to very soft water and it triggered the worst flare up I’ve ever had, none of my old management methods even slightly improved it. I’m still struggling with these flare up 2 years on and have had 2 weeks of light therapy which hasn’t done anything yet. I definitely think the change in water has a huge impact.

Posted Mon 17 May 2021 09.09 by bargainlovingmum

That's really interesting to read. I had a big flare up after just a couple of weeks in a very soft water area, and it's taken me many months, plus diet change etc to get on top of it. I think you are on to something - that the change in water must have an impact.

To take part, sign in or register with us