Dr pimple popper

Posted Tue 18 May 2021 09.09 by Busyphil

On one of the digital channels their is a program called Dr pimple popper, a special dermatology hospital in America a man was seen there this week with 85% psoriasis she gave him an injection that he did at home that he injected into his leg , 10 weeks later he was virtually clear any idea what it would be

Posted Tue 18 May 2021 09.35 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

If it was the same ephisode I watched months ago, she prescribed him biologics, not sure if they mentioned which one though. That may be all well and good in the US where with private insurance it appears easier and quicker to get these drugs compared to the system we have in the UK. Plus what the programme didn't show or mention from memory was the fact the patient usually has to have blood tests and chest xray before they can start the treatment. Saying that yes one can have dramatic results in that time on these medications.

Posted Tue 18 May 2021 14.26 by scouternorm

My wife takes an injection of Tremfya every 8 wks, since Sept 2019. It cleared up all of the psoriasis except for her feet. They are still bad, and she uses Enstilar on them daily, but it only slowly disappears.

Posted Tue 18 May 2021 15.28 by Moggy1

The problem with these programs is they make it all look so easy. Just turn up and all treatments available choose one that suits you and your all better in a mattar of weeks. If only this was true. Everyone knows that things don’t happen like this on the NHS many weeks of waiting and hoops to jump through. Rightly so blood test to make sure treatments won’t effect liver etc. Most people have side effects from treatments as well. Psoriasis is a varied and difficult disease and everyone is different and needs to find what works for them. Good luck everyone 😊

Posted Tue 18 May 2021 18.19 by Busyphil

Yes I wish it was that easy as well

Posted Tue 18 May 2021 21.13 by Yacht

There are currently around 12 "biologics" in the UK and US that can be injected to suppress the immune system, stop the skin going red, and make it clear. It could be any one of a dozen biologics in that TV show. The very latest biologics today are far more effective and have way fewer side-effects. The best ones, right now, give a 75% chance of 90% clearance (PASI 90). However, biologics remain expensive, and are (mostly) still a treatment, not a cure. Once the injections stop, the psoriasis starts.

Posted Fri 21 May 2021 17.38 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

But there is no cure. I wish.

To take part, sign in or register with us