Emollient Alternative?

Posted Sat 26 Jun 2021 07.45 by Wusskat

Morning I’ve been diagnosed with inverse psoriasis on my neck, collarbone, inner elbow, backs of ears for 3 years and manage it with a combo of Elocon steroid ointment for the bad, itchy flares, Elidel cream and Protopic ointment for maintenance with Doublebase gel as a daily emollient. I find that the ointment consistency of products makes my skin red, bumpy and prickly - almost as if the pores can’t breathe and my skin has no chance to heal. A day or so without the ointment, just using Elidel on the worse patches and my skin looks so much better, however I do need moisture! So does anyone have any recommendations for a moisturiser that isn’t so greasy, that will sink in rather than sit there on the top of my skin? Many thanks 😊

Posted Sat 26 Jun 2021 08.57 by Heather

Can't beat diprobase Can get in on prescription It is not greasy and the skin absorbs it quickly Hope you get sorted

Posted Sat 26 Jun 2021 09.05 by Wusskat

Thanks Heather I will check it out. My Doublebase isn’t on prescription - my GP said they won’t prescribe it any more so I have to buy it myself and it’s taken we a while to realise it’s actually not helping…

Posted Sat 26 Jun 2021 11.04 by Heather

Good luck though

Posted Tue 6 Jul 2021 04.58 by Angry

I have inverse psoriasis as well all over my gorin area under my arm pits as well as under my neck. Creams are not working, please let me know if light therapy is worth trying and what is the best way to moisturise you body so pours do not get blocked.

Posted Tue 6 Jul 2021 06.38 by Wusskat

Hi Angry I’ve had great results with Child’s Farm unfragranced moisture lotion. I bought it in Asda Baby department - £4.99 for a 250ml bottle. It actually seems to moisturise rather than just sit on the surface of the skin and no blocked pores. Also Cetraben Natural Oatmeal Cream works well. Hope this helps x

Posted Sat 10 Jul 2021 01.31 by Angry

Thank you Wusskat, the doctor has just given me Cetraben oliment.

To take part, sign in or register with us