Scalp psoriasis

Posted Fri 29 Oct 2021 06.20 by Sharron A (edited Fri 29 Oct 2021 06.43 by Sharron A)

Hi there, i have suffered with psoriasis since I was 4 years old . I'm not too bad on my body, I have it down my nails but my scalp psoriasis is really getting me down. Nearly all my scalp is covered. I have tried every shampoo, ointments steroid lotions and nothing works. Has anyone any other ideas about treatments that have worked that I could mention to my doctor. Are there any oral medications I could try. I'm getting so stressed over this and would appreciate some help

Posted Fri 29 Oct 2021 16.04 by Andrew

Hi Sharron, you sound like me. The only way I have kept my scalp Psoriasis under control is by covering my scalp with coconut (lidl) over night. In the morning I comb it out. It hurts but the scales take a while to build up again so my scalp feels clear for most of he month. Also I have just looked at a food supplement from AXIS Biotix which I have ordered and hoping it works.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 2021 18.06 by Denzel

Hya,where do you get the axibiotix from,my scalp is driving me nuts !!!

1 Posted Tue 23 Nov 2021 13.48 by Jackie68

Hi Denzel, I got mine from www.axisbiotix.com and its working really well so far. I will keep you posted.

1 Posted Tue 23 Nov 2021 14.52 by lizziep (edited Tue 23 Nov 2021 16.33 by lizziep)

don't rush out and buy it, though - hugely expensive and this site has been hijacked by the company for it's marketing. I'm also trying it, as I bought it before I realised what they were doing. The reviews will be like Amazon ones - not to be trusted - mine included! They have loads of people challenging any comments made about them. Such a shame they have done this. You'll see links to their website all over the forums. Some have been removed, but they keep popping up again.

Posted Thu 30 Mar 2023 20.13 by Ntsh

Try ointment/lotion with zinc pyrithione. I used Blue Cap. Cleared all my scalp in two weeks. I decided to try it after checking all the clinical studies on this substance and seen pictures with before and after. For me it worked. And it’s a moist lotion, does not dry at all, I felt relief while appling it. Made the itch and dryness go away and all my flakes off.

To take part, sign in or register with us