Wash hair EVERY day?

Posted Sat 27 Aug 2022 12.47 by Conniepr

I was recently diagnosed with scalp psoriasis and was told I MUST wash my hair EVERY day. Every day? Why? I follow instructions better when I understand the why. Anyone know why it's important to do it every day?

Posted Sat 27 Aug 2022 14.13 by Sandie

Hi Conniepr I did reply but can’t see it here - odd. I wrote to say I use T-Gel coal tar shampoo twice a week with no problems re hair loss. I hope others have more information for you. Sandie

Posted Sat 27 Aug 2022 17.53 by Conniepr

Hi Sandie, I did see your response on my other post. Thanks! This post is specific to my being told I must wash my hair every day. I used to wash my hair twice a week so to avoid it drying out too much. As a result, my hair was silky soft and I was able to grow it long. Now I'm told to wash it every day, so I cut it to a very short style to make it easier to get ready for work fast without blow drying it and damaging my hair. Plus, about six years ago (prior to psoriasis diagnosis) I realized my hair was thinning seriously and after much consideration, I put it down to using clarifying shampoos too often and leave g it on for a few hi it's before rinsing. Now I have to use a tar shampoos 4-5 times a week and leave on for ten minutes before rinsing and my dermatologist wants me to do this long term and I'm worried this will cause more hair loss. I can't afford to lose more.

To take part, sign in or register with us