Biologics And Hair Loss

Posted Tue 29 Nov 2022 20.50 by LukeAvanti

Hello friends, I’ve just joined this community because I think there is strength and comfort in unity and I value the experiences of others. So my first question… have any of you tried biologics that HAVE or HAVEN’T caused hair loss? I’m hoping to try biologics and it seems that some users have reported this issue with some of the biologics (I know there are about 7 different biologics on the market) I am a 38 yr old male from the UK. I realise different countries may have different options etc. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback! Luke

Posted Thu 1 Dec 2022 19.55 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Hi Luke, I have only experienced one biologic med for three years (Stelera). T.b.h. having been on systemics for 30 years before Stelera I think they caused my hair loss. Unless it is just natural for a guy now in my 50s, maybe just hireditory. Although whilst on acitretin that caused hair loss issues. Clear skin or hair loss? it's a tough call but hair loss doesn't stop you leading a normal life being covered in P does. Good luck.

Posted Tue 6 Dec 2022 17.38 by LukeAvanti

Hi Steview, Thanks for your response. I have been researching the various biologics and it seems some actually cause hair growth! (And yes, some cause the opposite) I have a docs appt to discuss starting on one of these that I have been reading up about so I will keep you posted .. God bless you Sir

To take part, sign in or register with us