Psoriasis on feet

Posted Tue 12 Jul 2016 14.35 by tray65
6 weeks

Hi everyone I'm new to forum I hope someone can help. I have it on my feet doctor just confirmed it was psoriasis. My problem is footwear, I can't find anything to wear that doesn't hurt or rub skin. Just walking for 5 minutes and my feet are so painful I'm in agony. Does anyone know of something I can put on to protect them, tried dressing but that doesn't work. Tried wearing cloggs but that didn't work either. Any advice would be welcome

Posted Tue 2 Aug 2016 13.42 by Lorna

Hi, I can sympathize with you, I was in agony for ages until I got it diagnosed and then I started to try to deal with it. Basically the creams that your doc will prescribe will calm it down, you may need to bandage your feet under your socks for the first while. I wear walking sandals most of the time as I live in a warm climate but some soft maybe size bigger than normal trainers would prob be the best for you. When you are inside try to get the air to your feet as well. I've stopped the steroid creams now and am making massive progress with a change in diet. I am not touching meat or sugar and am lessening the amount of dairy I eat. I'm eating lots of oily fish too. It is helping. Last year I could barely walk. My feet are not great to look at but so so much better than they were before. Persevere! Be careful with any soaps and shower gels you use, the less chemicals the better. Aloe vera gel and coconut oil are very good for moisturising too. Good luck and keep strong!

Posted Thu 29 Sep 2016 16.50 by wendizzle92
24, Psoriasis warrior since the age of 7.

Ive recently got it on my feet to, and the palms of my hands so i know the struggle, ive been using cream, dressing then wearing Ugg boots (the soft fur lined boot) Also try taking pain killers. I know its hard but just like you i can barely walk either, ive stopped using my steroid creams on my feet as most think skin and it was making my feet crack and bleed, just moisturise as much as you can then when at home try to keep them uncovered. Hope i can be of help x

To take part, sign in or register with us