PsA, or something else?

Posted Wed 21 Jun 2023 20.20 by Eyelid_Throwaway_OK

Hi all, For years I've had dry, flaky, and sometime sore skin on my eyelids (no other rashes), and also been very prone to tendon injuries when playing sport. I've only just made the possible connection with PsA, but am not sure if I quite fit the bill. I've booked in with my GP, but the prospect of waiting totally in the dark for that appointment then another few months for an NHS referral is quite daunting. Any advice is much appreciated! I'm a keen rock climber at a high level, and have been injury prone for the last 10 years with issues affecting my tendons. These include my biceps tendon, patellar tendons under my knees, medial epicondyle, and various finger injuries, and my toe. The pains are never very bad (no more than 4 out of 10), and are associated with movement under load (e.g. my elbow gets worse if I do pull ups, but doesn't hurt during my day to day activities). I don't have any visible swelling, deformity or stiffness in the joints - just tendon pain that is hard to track down. My pains don't tend to be symmetrical - I've currently got a tweak in my left bicep and one in my right knee. I'm not aware of any autoimmune diseases in my family, but my dad does have eczema if that makes any odds. Am i worried over nothing, or is this pattern of easy-to-injure tendons a big red flag? Thanks in advance!

Posted Thu 22 Jun 2023 07.21 by Billy bass

your gp appointment is the best route,who can point you in the right direction,its a lottery at the moment when your seen,but you will,you could pop in to your local chemist for some advice,and dont worry whatever it is theres help for you !

Posted Sat 15 Jul 2023 06.50 by Supersarah500

Unfortunately with auto immune conditions, one symptom can be many things. It is dangerous to speculate without medical advice and Google can be your worst enemy. Often you end up down the wrong rabbit hole. Believe me, I know it is hard but the best advice if to wait to see the GP and be really clear with them what all your symptoms are, as you never know what might be relevant. If it's having an impact on your life don't get fobbed off, don't leave without some kind of cream and blood tests planned at a minimum. The journey generally begins with ruling things out so that's where they're likely to start. At the end of the day your health and wellbeing is the most important thing you have, so whatever happens, be your own advocate and fight for althe life you deserve.

To take part, sign in or register with us