My story and fight with psoriasis

Posted Fri 1 Sep 2023 23.55 by Tom (edited Fri 1 Sep 2023 23.56 by Tom)

Hi all! My name is Tom. My psoriasis showed after my large colon surgery. Psoriasis exists in my family but looks like it's worst in my case:(. Creams doesn't really helps anymore:(. In my worst situation decided to take cyclosporine due to sebopsoriasis. This medication helped really well but psoriasis come back anyway:(. I'm new to this kind of community and to be fair feel a bit more relieved knowing that there's more people with psoriasis that want to talk about it. Regards Tom

Posted Sat 2 Sep 2023 07.07 by andrea
have had p for too many years

Hi Tom. This is very unfortunate that your psoriasis returned after meds. This sadly does happen to many. Have you asked your dermatologist if you can be given another medication to try as there are many. Phototherapy can be beneficial short term which you can have through the dermatologist. Oat meal baths are soothing to inflamed dry skin and oat meal paste put on the skin with a wet wrap like a strip of an old sheet or any cotton fabric and left for several hours can help with itching and is good for moisture loss. You can buy wraps from Amazon. I wish you all the best.

Posted Mon 4 Sep 2023 15.45 by PrincessDi

I have found that taking D3 helps and also citrus juices seem to make my skin happier especially grapefruit juice, no idea why.

To take part, sign in or register with us