Gluten - a change

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2024 14.07 by Slawson

Hello all, New to the forum. I have suffered with psoriasis for ten years, tried all the creams and got nowhere, so recently tried removing gluten from my diet. The results have made a change. I used to have heavy plaques on my forearms and lower legs only, good skin elsewhere. The plaques have now gone but I am more covered in what I would describe as Ezcema. Less aggressive skin condition but very itchy and covering over 50% of me. Has anyone else experienced the same? Steve

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2024 15.34 by Acrazydoglady

Hi Steve - welcome & wow, that's absolutely wonderful news - well done you!!! I've been following a change your diet lifestyle since 2022, and yes, gluten free is one of the options I follow too. I've had to combine a number of things, as gluten alone isn't enough for me. A lot of people have found success with a variety of dietary changes, and it's really about finding the ones that work best for you & so glad to hear you're having such success!! Keep going!!

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2024 15.56 by PrincessDi

Hi Steve, It's great the heavy plaques have gone. I spoke to my derm in depth and we both agree psoriasis like so many diseases can be controlled better by diet, he recommended the mediterranean type diet because fish is so extremely good for you. In reading other articles seems leaky gut and psoriasis are associated somehow. The itchy skin may be caused by some other allergen, people swear by gluten free but sometimes I guess there may be something in the gluten free that our bodies react different too? Triggers something in the immune system. Eczema is a very itchy situation too maybe creams can control that since normally not quite as nasty as psoriasis or over the counter soaps? Keep us posted and I hope the other rash goes away as well!!

To take part, sign in or register with us