Pustular psoriasis

Posted Mon 20 May 2024 21.35 by Clarey

Hi all, I’ve never had any skin conditions until this past year. Started what looked like hard skin and then escalated. Several trips to GP, A&E, nurses only to be told it was fungal. Developed cellulitis at a point as well. Finally I was referred to dermatology (still waiting) but had an appointment with a GP who was a dermatologist. He diagnosed me with PPP. Currently I’m using Salic acid to try and break down the skin but I’m struggling. My feet are raw with lesions, it’s so hard to walk. Thankfully my work are very understanding however I just want my life back. I’m living in slippers. Has anyone used crutches to get around? I’m wondering if perhaps this would help. I have also applied for PIP as some days my partner has to do everything for me

Posted Wed 5 Jun 2024 23.11 by Libby
I have Hypothyroidism (2020) and now Palmerplantar Psoriasis (2023). Trying to address symptoms through diet, exercise, ams some supplement.

Hello Clarey, I too have PPP...but not to the extent that you have. I was diagnosed on the 12th April this year. This condition is very difficult to treat and the docs and dermatologists do not have a fully effective way to support us. Often it's trial and error, and often with major medications when the condition is affecting mobility as yours is. I did a deep dive into this condition and found interesting resources and a global support group. They share ways to help people through exactly the things you are experiencing. They all have ways that they cope. The razor blade pain of what you are experiencing is talked about quite a lot and lots of those individuals use hydrocolloid dressings on their feet, they use Aquifer to soften the skin too. Some I believe can get these on the NHS. The guidance on this condition is not very good.....being part of a specific support group will help you I think. I have started on an elimination diet. The Autoimmune Protocol and my PPP is flaring less and growing less. Docs and Derms don't tell you about diet, but I have found people that control this condition through diet. A lot have gone into remission, and a lot control it and can manage day to day stuff. Our immune system is attacking us. The idea behind the elimination diet is to reduce inflammation and rebalance the gut. If this is something that you want to look into...happy to give you links. Asa Kärrman wrote a book about PPP and mentions the Auto-immune Protocol Diet. I then looked at the originator of this in the US - Dr. Sarah Ballantyne. It's worth having a look. Another lady on the support group cleared her PPP in 18months using an anti-inflammatory diet with supplements - that's after she had been living with the condition for 30 years. There is hope.....I am 8 weeks into the diet...and I have good and bad days...but my foot is less inflamed. Stress is a real trigger for me. Dealing with PPP has to be a total body and mind effort. I hope this helps.

To take part, sign in or register with us