Life wearing me down

Posted Tue 27 Sep 2016 20.53 by delhome

hi I am new to the site. i have suffered with psoriasis for about 15 years. never as bad as the last 3 years. .i recently had enough and asked the doctor to refer me to the hospital. eight weeks ago i was prescribed dovobate cream, silkis, clovobate and centraben. Nothing has worked but i dont think it is working as i work in a kitchen. I have scalp,plaque, nail and inverse psoriasis. I went last week to see the main dermatologist who is now sending me to light therapy. My boss is aware that i dont sleep, usually awake and in work by 7 in the morning. in agony all the time. Cant concentrate in work. probably why i go in early to take my time to do things. Appetite is non existent probably due to being with food all day. up early to put creams on. getting home to do the same. Does light therapy have any effects on people. Bit worried about it. Thanks for reading this x

Posted Thu 29 Sep 2016 16.41 by wendizzle92 (edited Thu 29 Sep 2016 16.51 by wendizzle92)
24, Psoriasis warrior since the age of 7.

Hi there, im 24, had psoriasis 17 years, and ive had light therapy a few times since i was 7, currently my psoriasis as got really bad, so waiting for a dermo appointment through refferal, light therapy can be really useful and does work, its basically the same as going on a sunbed but without all the bad things that come along with it, all it does it basically what the sun does to your skin. i wouldn't worry about it, if you can cope with psoriasis for 15 years then you'll be able to cope with light therapy. keep your chin up, i know your struggle x

Posted Thu 29 Sep 2016 20.02 by delhome

Thank you wendizzle92. Did you have any side effects of having the therapy? Also I wonder what time they can do the therapy? i work six days a week and cant take afford to take time off as my husband is currently out of work. yes another stress. I would rather go to work and have it on my way home as i live near the hospital. so i could go home. rather than having it done then going to work. I had a letter today when i got in from work that there was a 6-8 week wait for an appointment. thank you for the reply. I appreciate it x

Posted Thu 29 Sep 2016 21.58 by wendizzle92

I didn't have any side affects at all, I think it's a really good treatment. And I used to have mine after school when I was younger so just speak to your dermo and explain the work situation. I'm sure they can accomidate you xx

Posted Fri 30 Sep 2016 20.27 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

Hey guys,light therapy works wonders after a few goes,remission may last 6-12 months too....I went three times a week for 3 months and was clear for about 8...worth it,now have my own small uvb lamp.good thing about the appointments is that my longest exposure was 9 mins.keep us posted.x

Posted Fri 30 Sep 2016 23.29 by wendizzle92

light treatment i found was one of the best treatments! Mixed with other things such as lotions, potions and meds it works extremely well x

Posted Fri 30 Sep 2016 23.54 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

We agree,uvb is great,he'll of a pain to go through the docs/hospital stuff just to get the treatment then the doing of it and the waiting for results......but when they come.....such a nice feeling,go with it.x

Posted Sat 1 Oct 2016 16.40 by delhome

thanks everyone. just feeling low. my life is just surrounded by ps or work. I feel like i am on my own even though i have a 21 year old daughter and husband. try and talk to them but they think i am moaning. Get more sense from my cat!!

Posted Sat 1 Oct 2016 16.53 by wendizzle92

Haha i know this feeling all to well, Im a mother to a 7 year old little girl and shes disabled and its hard trying to take care of her, go to college, keep a home and be a fiancee. Psoriasis is on my mind 24/7 and after losing my mum in may things seem to have got alot harder. It might seem like a little thing but finding this group as been amazing, finally people ubderstand xx

Posted Sun 2 Oct 2016 08.15 by delhome

wendizzle92 i just want to go somewhere naked and scream. have got white wine vineger and hot water to sort my nails out

Posted Sun 2 Oct 2016 10.32 by wendizzle92

hope it works for you. it hasnt got to my nails yet and hopefully it wont. but im with ypou on the screaming thing!! its so depressing!

Posted Sun 2 Oct 2016 18.31 by obi1138

I have an 11 yr old girl,I've been super honest with her,she's great,always trying to help......I keep trying to find an actual psoriasis meeting,something informal.would be good to have I think.

To take part, sign in or register with us