Feeling defeated!

Posted Wed 28 Sep 2016 21.05 by wendizzle92
24, Psoriasis warrior since the age of 7.

I guess I need a rant haha! I've had plaque psoriasis for 16 years, all over my body and flare ups have never been bad bad, but recently my mum died and I've flared up really bad. It's over more than 80% of my body including palms of hands and soles of feet (first time I've ever had it in those places) and now I'm struggling to walk and with a 7 year old daughter it isn't easy. Now I've become quite an expert on what works for flare ups and what treatment I like but it's become out of control :( It's a vicious cycle at the moment, nothing is working, It got so bad I ended up at A&E with it being infected, currently waiting on seeing a dermatologist but you know what referrals are like and it's taking ages, I'm honestly struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. I'm constantly in pain and it's adding to the stress. Just wanting to talk to people in the same situation and seeing if you have any help or advice??

Posted Thu 29 Sep 2016 12.48 by PAsufferer

I have never had it on my hands or feet so I can't imagine what it is like. I had a complete overhaul on my diet which helped immensely. When I get sore patches I use aloe vera, it soothes soreness and helps stop itching too

Posted Thu 29 Sep 2016 15.51 by wendizzle92

Ahh where can I buy aloe Vera from without breaking the bank?

Posted Thu 29 Sep 2016 19.57 by PAsufferer

That's a good question!!! I was approached by someone who sells forever loving products and was offered a trial. Try shops like Holland and Barratt, I'm sure they'd do it

Posted Thu 29 Sep 2016 21.59 by wendizzle92

Ahh thank you!

Posted Fri 30 Sep 2016 20.23 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

Hey wendizzle,get yourself and aloe Vera plant, cut a leaf off,slice it in half and rub it on your affected areas,it's cool,it's soothing,it will grow faster than you use it so will never run out too!keep repotting them,I started with one plant,now have six.he'll,have one of mine...feel free to say hi.x

Posted Fri 30 Sep 2016 21.33 by wendizzle92 (edited Fri 30 Sep 2016 23.37 by wendizzle92)

I honestly never thought of aloe Vera! I'm definitely going to try it thankyou x

Posted Fri 30 Sep 2016 22.18 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

It's no cure but great for inflammation and to be used with our usual lotions and potions.x

Posted Fri 30 Sep 2016 23.24 by wendizzle92

Our lotions and potions have got the better of me at the min and dont seem to be helping at all, im relying solely on moistiser and oilatum shower gel haha. It sucks waiting to see a dermo but after 17 years with this i fully know what to expect. lol but thanks im definitely going to try aloe, at this point im willing to try just about anything haha if only shops sold new skin! x

Posted Fri 30 Sep 2016 23.52 by obi1138

Haha I wish.....we all go through ups and downs with the this thing.oilatum in the bath is cool,bloody pricey though eh...

Posted Sat 1 Oct 2016 01.41 by wendizzle92

Yeah it costs a pretty price like, luckily my doctor is generous enough to prescribe it sometimes lol but still expensive in between prescriptions x

Posted Sat 1 Oct 2016 07.18 by obi1138

I get mine from Sainsbury,bottle lasts a couple of months....man I've spent a small fortune on potions over the years,like we all have I bet! ....anyway,uvb lamp beckons.....x

Posted Sat 1 Oct 2016 10.29 by wendizzle92

Haha youre kidding right?! when i buy the small bottles of oilatum bath, its lasts maybe 3 baths if that haha. Ive started using e45 bath now, does the same job, just a much bigger bottle x

Posted Sat 1 Oct 2016 11.01 by obi1138

Blimey,oilatum overload! Ha ha,not tried e45,might do.

Posted Sat 1 Oct 2016 13.01 by wendizzle92

Haha its only because my psoriasis is so bad and its everywhere and therefore i have my bath quite deep and its 3 capfuls per 20cm lol and i like to feel like its soaked in haha yeah e45 bath emolium works just as good! x

Posted Sun 2 Oct 2016 18.34 by obi1138

Cool,will try find that when I do my shopping habits a good job I've always loved baths cos we have to now eh!....I always soak and use a comb to scrub myself,works well.

Posted Sun 2 Oct 2016 21.08 by wendizzle92

I dont have a bath in my house, only a wetroom with shower but always bath at the fiancees haha never out of it!

Posted Sun 2 Oct 2016 21.24 by obi1138

Oh you user you!!hehe....there are worse things than a bath,I love em!

Posted Sun 2 Oct 2016 21.25 by wendizzle92

I love baths! i miss my old house, my bath was massive! i think the only upside to having psoriasis is having to have a good soak all the time ha!

Posted Sun 2 Oct 2016 21.31 by obi1138

Agreed!!!the bigger the bath the better!and the longer the soak!

To take part, sign in or register with us