Feeling defeated!

Posted Mon 3 Oct 2016 11.03 by wendizzle92
24, Psoriasis warrior since the age of 7.

I'm so ready for a massive soak in the bath today x

Posted Mon 3 Oct 2016 11.19 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

Haha I had a long one last night,always feels good after just wish there was a job that involved bathing for long periods!!haha

Posted Mon 3 Oct 2016 17.58 by wendizzle92

Its the madly rushing to moisturise as soon as you get out that annoys me lol

Posted Tue 4 Oct 2016 00.15 by Grizzly Bear
Got P in 1990 when serving in forces. Got diagnosed with PA late early this year. Using Stelara 90 mg.

I tried E45, personally, I think it's pant's !! Oilatum bath is OK but from what you describe about how bad your P is, I'd ask your GP to prescribe it or Aveeno bath oil. Aveeno products have oatmeal ingredients and is known to help psoriasis sufferers a hell of a lot. Another brilliant product is Biona virgin coconut oil, Amazon sell it as does fleabay for around £13 for a 800g tub. I use it and it's the dog's ********.

Posted Tue 4 Oct 2016 09.45 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

Anything with oatmeal is a winner,I used to put a bag of oatmeal under a running tap in my bath,the water fills with oat milk and really moisturizes.....remember in any bath soak that your pores close in cold and hot water so the temp has to be warm otherwise the moisturizer will not enter the skin and do its job.

Posted Tue 4 Oct 2016 20.44 by wendizzle92

You're both preaching to the choir here lol ive used aveeno products alongside other things for a very long time but with the amount of stress and upset ive been through since may when my mum died. the stress hasnt stopped and its making it worse, today is a good skin day and nothing to moan about so far lol x

Posted Tue 4 Oct 2016 20.46 by obi1138

Glad to hear it.

Posted Tue 4 Oct 2016 21.22 by Grizzly Bear
Got P in 1990 when serving in forces. Got diagnosed with PA late early this year. Using Stelara 90 mg.

Good to see you having a good skin day wendizzle. Stress will not be helping and it's no wonder that you are stressed. I won't preach anymore lol.

Posted Wed 5 Oct 2016 20.02 by wendizzle92

Lol today as not been so good! Sore hell fire today, think its infected again :( back to the doctors tomorrow x

Posted Wed 5 Oct 2016 20.06 by Grizzly Bear

You poor lady you. I'd ask your derm doc for something like enbrel, humira or stelara or something like that because you shouldn't be suffering like this wendizzle. I hope the GP helps you.

Posted Wed 5 Oct 2016 21.14 by obi1138

Sorry to hear that,I've never to my knowledge(touch,wood)had infected P but can imagine it adds to the pain,irritable and downright goddamn arse of this bloomin disease,I feel for you and hope your GP can sort it quickly for you. X

Posted Thu 6 Oct 2016 20.38 by wendizzle92

Im currently waiting for a dermo to see me after being referred back to them x

To take part, sign in or register with us