Helping a teenager deal with psoriasis

Posted Fri 30 Sep 2016 18.40 by Ellanasmum

Hi I'm just looking for some advice really my daughter is 14 yrs old and for the last yr we have tried numerous treatments for her psoriasis which up until now has been fairly minimal however the past month it's got progressively worse and is now on most of her face. She's such a beautiful, clever girl and always been very confident but just recently I.m seeing her confidence fade and she doesn't go out the house hardly unless it's to go to school. She's struggling to cover it now with make up and feels very self conscious. The Dr has been good and tried lots of different creams and lotions but none have worked and I've finally got him to refer her to a dermatologist but in the meantime Is there anything I can do to help her. She wants a cleanser to use to remover her makeup before she puts on her creams but I don't know what to get her as I.m scared it could irritate her skin more. Any advice or recommendations would be great. Thanks

Posted Sun 2 Oct 2016 22.08 by maria

If you send a text to07417501499 he may be able to help. He got rid of my psoriasis two months ago, and it hasn't come back. If you do text him he will probably phone you back. Just ask for help, and keep it short. He doesn't take too kindly to long drawn out messages, and he's a busy guy ,and he's quite old, so tires easily. Hope you have the luck I had.

Posted Mon 3 Oct 2016 12.13 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

You will find some good advise here and on the web in general,the creams and ointments prescribed should help but moisturizing generally will always help the itch,cracks,flaking and irritation in the short term.give her support,listen and be there....I'm sure she will get more specific treatments from the dermatologist which will help.x

Posted Thu 6 Oct 2016 17.43 by rubydavies
15, psoriasis warrior since I was 5. Face, arms, legs, back, scalp

Hi, I'm 15 I have struggled with psoriasis on my face as well as my body for 10 years! Some creams I use are protopic for my face and a steriod cream also. I use Capasal for my scalp and that is very effective. Honestly just be there for her and that can help with confidence!

Posted Fri 7 Oct 2016 00.06 by Abbie

Hi, I was 13 when i first got my psoriasis. I was always self concious of my face especially when it built up around my eye, meaning i couldnt open or close it. The nurse just simply said to me one day while i was in light theropy to use vaseline. It sounded like the simplest thing but it worked really well, clearing up in about a week. It just helps get moisture to the face. Im 18 now and every night, i will put vaseline on my patches on my face and it seems to keep them down. Hope this was useful

To take part, sign in or register with us