Newbie needing some help

Posted Thu 6 Oct 2016 14.02 by Antonio369

hello, new here as you can tell ^^ had P for just over 13years now. first it was just the odd patch now its about 70% of my body. gets me down a lot but not as bad as it use to. i never want to go out and even tried to cover up with make up. now ive met my partner i dont really care anymore. yeah i dont wear shorts or t shirts but still in a much better place. however.. turns out the cream the doc has been giving me the past 4 years is a steroid one and has done a number on my skin and body. the thing i would like to do is ween off of it as i really hate what its doing to me. any advice would be great :)

Posted Thu 6 Oct 2016 14.36 by Andy
Psoriasis for 35 years and Psoriatic Arthritis for 15 years.

Hello The best thing is to see your Doctor or consultant and express your concerns about using steroid creams wide spread and long term. They can be very good initially but over time damaging to the skin. I think if your going to come off the cream. Then weening yourself off the cream rather than just stopping is a good idea. Do you only use creams to manage your Psoriasis?

Posted Thu 6 Oct 2016 14.48 by Antonio369

yeah just creams, doublebase in the morning and after bath.shower and betnovate at night. also have epaderm but thats used for the bath now and not so much as a cream. have a uvb light but its small and dosent really get used much as it takes so long to cover all the areas. been trying to ween off just not going to well.

To take part, sign in or register with us