Scalp HELP!

Posted Thu 3 Nov 2016 17.02 by jsdm87

My scalp psoriasis has got worse, even more so now after the summer, I do have a appointment with dermo coming up but iv just been using a Capsal shampoo but now I fear my heads just used to it, so flaky, so itchy. I was prescribed a foam, but this stung and really left my hair chalky. I really would love some remedies people find effective....

Posted Thu 3 Nov 2016 23.43 by Ribena1987

Hi. I have scalp psoriasis too. It itches like crazy and definitely gets worse when I'm stressed. I've started using a castor oil mix (50% castor oil, 50% other oil e.g. Olive, almond, coconut etc) as part of my hair care routine and have noticed that my psoriasis has calmed down. I put it all over my scalp and hairline, leave it on for at least an hour then wash it out with shampoo. Now I put castor oil directly on my skin overnight and it's really helped with the appearance. It rubs off all the flakes. It's nowhere near as red or sore or itchy. I realise this may not work for everyone but thought I'd share anyway just in case x

Posted Tue 8 Nov 2016 16.18 by jsdm87

Thanks so much, I have bought the castor and coconut oil so hopefully when I mix it will help, even a little.:) thanks so much for some advice il let you know xx

Posted Wed 9 Nov 2016 17.55 by Dawnadamson1984
32 years old and suffered with psoriasis since sitting my exams in school

Hi there, I was suffering really bad recently to the point we're most of my hair has fallen out. I was prescribed "locoid crelo" 2 weeks ago and my scalp is now clear. To get the scales off first I used olive oil to soak my scalp for 24 hours and then once washed out etc I started using the above. Good luck

Posted Wed 9 Nov 2016 18.13 by Jason M

Hi there I was prescribed DiproSone, betamethasone lotion 0.05%. It is a water like consistency, I used it for a week and I seemed to be lucky as it cleared up. It has a bit of a tingle / sting when you first use it ( similar to using a mint shower gel ! ) I also use T gel shampoo. Good luck Jason

Posted Sat 12 Nov 2016 18.49 by no1uknow

if your a guy.. then there is relief... shave your head completely! lol thats what i had to do :-(( but it works.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2016 22.13 by lous84

I've had this for about 4 years. I've tried the shampoos in the chemists, was prescribed steroid stuff for hair Dovobet? All worked well for a month or so then stopped working. I've been using Philip Kingsley's shampoo and tonic for itchy flaky scalps it's like £20 a bottle but it worked. But that's recently stopped working....the itch is bearable iys the scales. It's getting bad...I use the Philip Kingsley tonic which helps the itch but the flakes are awful.

To take part, sign in or register with us