I think this stuff is magic!!!

Posted Fri 16 May 2014 09.45 by Charliechoo
Having had psoriasis for the last 7 - 8 years it has now turned into psoriatic arthritis. Oh Joy!!! Having struggled to get diagnosed, prett

I've had psoriasis for the last 7 - 8 years, mainly behind my ears and on my head, chest, back and legs. This has developed into psoriatic arthritis over the last couple of years. At the moment I'm taking methotrexate and sulfasalazine, sometimes naproxin if certain joints begin to flare up. These are just for the arthritis, although in extreme cases I know methotrexate is used for psoriasis. Anyway, the psoriasis has maintained its stubborn refusal to sod off until I tried a cream called Psorcutan Beta. A friend of mine lives in Germany and he gets this cream on prescription for the occasional flare up in has. He came over from Germany the other day and brought a tube of this stuff with him. I tried it, IT WORKS. Stopped it dead. It went from behind my ears after two applications, I've used it since but no signs of it coming back. I haven't used the cream for the last two weeks and nothing has recurred, which is what usually happens. The active ingredient is Calcipotriol. In the past I have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of this thing and nothing has had any long term, or even short term, real effect. This cream has, it really has. The only problem is I'm not sure if its available over here on prescription. I've trawled the internet and nothing has come up under its name over here. It maybe known under a different name. I wouldn't normally bother writing on forums but this really has changed things massively for me, so if it helps someone else then good. I hope someone finds this useful, and I hope it helps them as much as me.

Posted Sat 7 Jun 2014 07.39 by anneporter
Had it al, my life, worse on elbows and lower legs. Cant wear shorts, skirts

I too will look. Would be so annoying to find out our NHS wasnt prescribing it because of cost!

Posted Sat 7 Jun 2014 20.16 by babybing (edited Thu 20 Aug 2015 12.37 by LadyBirdCookie)
Had psoriasis for almost 30 years since i was 7. currently on ciclosprorin

Hi Think you may find this is known as dovobet here. Hope that helps.

Posted Sat 14 Nov 2015 22.47 by RuiningMyLife
Suffering For 4 years Arms legs face Hands severe flare ups trying creams not working only getting worse .Confidence is Gone as embarrassed

Psorcutan Beta may be available in the countries listed below. Ingredient matches for Psorcutan Beta Betamethasone Betamethasone 17?,21-dipropionate (a derivative of Betamethasone) is reported as an ingredient of Psorcutan Beta in the following countries: Austria Turkey Calcipotriol Calcipotriol is reported as an ingredient of Psorcutan Beta in the following countries: Turkey Calcipotriol monohydrate (a derivative of Calcipotriol) is reported as an ingredient of Psorcutan Beta in the following countries: Austria no mention of it being able to buy in the uk :(

To take part, sign in or register with us