Depo-medrone injection in buttock

Posted Wed 25 Sep 2019 21.47 by Old duck

Can I ask if anyone who has had this injection because of a flare up .....I did and my inflammation has got seriously worse .......is this possible ...... cannt take methotextrate tablets or injections coursed bone marrow probelms ..... lefluimide coursed breathing probelms ..... Dr Piper retired a year ago awaiting new doctor ..... had a urgent referral because of multi joint dwellings.... hands ankles toes hip to name some being put on salalasine when appointment arrives..... any advice or suggestions it hurts if my inflamed parts are just brush on ... thank you for reading

Posted Sat 28 Sep 2019 13.37 by wendyloish

Hi Old duck, I should say right up that I have not had this shot, I am a bit of an old duck too! Both my brother and I (we are in our seventies) have psoriatic arthritis. We have found that an anti-inflammatory diet is significant in symptom control, Specifically gluten seems to be a problem. For me also dairy and fructose (fruit sugar) are a problem, but I am obese whereas my brother has never had a weight problem. He was on methotrexate for a while but it laid him open to infections like pneumonia, Now he manages his inflammation with diet and short use when necessary of prednisolone., I have that but try not to use it, preferring nurofen, also on an intermittent basis. So I think that you might also find diet modification helpful, especially if you have reflux or bowel problems, Have a look at the FODMAP diet, That is the basis of what I will or will not eat, wendyloish

To take part, sign in or register with us