Biologics

Posted Fri 21 Jun 2024 04.02 by Lou

Hi everyone I was told 2 weeks ago in a mixed clinic that I would be having my first biologic treatment for PSA as all else has failed. I am left a bit in limbo now as to what happens next? Do I hear straight from the company who deliver? How long do I wait before I hear anything etc In the meantime my psoriasis is spreading on a daily basis and I am getting more and more anxious and depressed. I just feel abandoned, lost, alone and unloved. Thankyou

Posted Sat 22 Jun 2024 00.19 by Isabellasnannie (edited Sat 22 Jun 2024 00.20 by Isabellasnannie)

Hi If the hospital has done all the paperwork and gotten the ok it’s usually 4-10 weeks. Please don’t be disheartened I found the dermatology nurse more helpful than the dr to be honest and more approachable. The company will either call or email you regarding delivery and how to store ( most need to go straight in fridge). Hope you hear back quickly good luck 😃

Posted Sat 22 Jun 2024 00.24 by Isabellasnannie

I meant to say I’m on antidepressants because of mine maybe you would benefit from speaking to your own doctor too. You are most definitely not alone in how you feel only people who have psoriasis truly understand. Virtual hugs to you 😊😊😊😊😊😊

Posted Sat 22 Jun 2024 04.33 by Lou

Thankyou so much. Everything seems to take so long . I have been on antidepressants for a very long time. I’ve been on the urgent waiting lists for a year just. For a medication review from mental health team which is virtually non existent here. ☹️❤️

Posted Sat 22 Jun 2024 05.49 by Isabellasnannie

That’s absolutely disgraceful but unfortunately the nhs is swamped. I had a phone review this week with my dr (normal dr not hospital) he said they have a nurse that will call and speak to me every few weeks to make sure I’m not spiralling I was shocked to find out they offered this. My friend is in same situation as you (she’s like me doesn’t like to be pushy for herself) but her family made her call drs every day until they finally helped. If it helps You will get through this I had to change my biologic a year ago and while waiting I was (not exaggerating) 95% covered clothes sticking to me,bottom of feet in ears,losing hair etc dermatology nurse (20 years) said she’d never seen anyone so bad. She was the one that pulled me through. Got my new injection within 2 weeks ( she pushed it for me) 2 weeks after starting I was almost clear. That’s why I said the nurse is better they do the donkey work they will also contact your dr for you. Please call them it’s worth a try. I wish I could help you but please remember it will get better you must have hope. 💜

To take part, sign in or register with us